Saturday, July 27, 2013

Reese's Not Jelly Beans July 25th

Yoreme had to wake me up this morning evening though I set two alarms. Dumb jet lag. We had rolls and different kinds of spreads and toppings, including sliced meat and cheeses, for breakfast. Niklaus put both Peanut Butter and Nutella on one of his rolls and that prompted some "Blech" and "Gross" comments, all in German of course. Then Reese's candy was brought up because of its similarity to his breakfast. They had never heard of Reese's candy before. Yoreme and I tried convincing them that it was really good, but Engel just thought it was gross.

We went over the first night questions after breakfast. It was really nice that they occurred on the first morning and not night. I would have been too tired to remember anything. I am really excited to spend the next three/four months with my host family. They are all wonderful. They can all speak english so conversations aren't one ended.

I swam in the North Sea today!!! It was cold... but just like Flathead Lake in Montana, I swam anyway.   It was fine once I got used to the temperature. We took Lily, their Golden Retriever, and she had a blast swimming after sticks and chasing other dogs.

Engel helped me with my german too. He is really good at english and he taught me the differences between mein - meine, dein - deine, sein - seine, ihr - ihre, unser - unsere, and sein - seine. Confusing, I know.

2 comments: