Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dead Girl Walking July 24th

I know technically this is late, but I wrote this the first night ( I just didn't post it). 

Today was my first day in Germany. It was great. Antje and Yoreme picked me up from the airport and we went straight to the autobahn. Yay for fast driving!! We stopped at a rest stop, Marché, where I had yogurt and strawberries and where bathrooms cost 70 cents to use. The toilet seat did, however, rotate to clean themselves after you flush. 

The drive to the Dethleffsen summer house was long. I tried to stay awake to see Germany, but I quickly fell asleep. The ferry ride over to the island took 45 minutes. It was interesting at first, but the water was calm and the sun was hot and it didn't take long for the rocking to put me to sleep… well almost.

Introductions were slightly awkward, as all introductions can be, especially since I didn't speak German. I met Lorenz, Greta, and their uncle and cousins, Engel, Niklaus, and Jannis. I probably butchered the spelling, tut mir leid!! They are all really great and LOVE to laugh, loudly. 

I wish I could have enjoyed more of the day, but unfortunately I was falling asleep for most of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment